Thursday, August 19, 2010

Not afraid of First Grade...

Ok, so if you've read my posts or if you know me at all, it is fairly obvious that I am a total spaz.
I openly admit that I have always been an over protective mother, sometimes to the extreme, but with good intentions. People have teased me about wanting to put bubble wrap around my kid before letting him leave the house. Hey, wait a minute, who said he was aloud out of my sight?!lol

The beautiful thing is that we serve a compassionate God who understands our shortcomings. He's not at all surprised by my issues, but He does know how to use them to teach me to trust Him. As my little man prepares to enter first grade next week, I find myself not afraid, but excited. I love having him home, yet I know how much he enjoys his friends. I miss seeing his papers each day and packing his lunch. School, especially at this point, is fun. It is good for him to learn to stand on his own and it's good for me to depend on my Lord.

I thank God for allowing me to bring all my fears to Him. I know that my precious baby (yes, he's still my baby) is in good hands. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment