Tuesday, May 26, 2009

You preach it, do you believe it ?

Faith. Do you have it? In what? In yourself? In God? In the idea that things will work themselves out?
Guess what, I'm not asking you, I'm asking me.

My last post was written about the daily provision God provides even in uncertain circumstances. Well, I spoke it, now it's being tried yet again only a little deeper this time.
I think it was my pastor who said, "Your faith is more important than your blessing." Translation: What you get out of the situation spiritually is more important than what you get out of it physically. That's why we go through trials, right? With that being understood, shouldn't it make facing the issues a little easier. Shouldn't we already know that God has our best interest at heart? Of course. Is it just that easy? Not always. We're human. I'm human.

If you want to call and talk more about it, just give me a call at....oh, wait a minute, you can't, our phones are disconnected. So maybe then you could stop by and visit. I live at.....oh, yeah, sorry, they're supposed to shut our electric off today. Now, what was I saying about faith?

Here's the deal. Situation-not good. God-always good.

We've honestly done all that we could to prevent shut offs. I have been praying that the Lord would simply provide. He always has and promised He always will. I have been through these kind of things enough to (Lord willing) stand on His promise. I've been scared, and He's comforted. I've been sick, and He's healed. I've seen no way out, He's carried me. I choose to trust Him NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment