Monday, April 19, 2010

I am thankful to be a cleaning lady---most of the time

I was just visiting Heavenly Homemakers and realized it's Gratituesday again so here's what's on my heart right now.

I've been working a couple hours per night as a cleaning lady (sanitary engineer) :) and I get a little down sometimes. I'm not used to having a job since I was a stay-at-home mom for six years. It's not that it's such an awful place to work, but I just have a bad attitude. So to try and combat that mentality I feel the need to list why I am thankful----

I am thankful to have a job that doesn't take me away from family time
I am thankful for the extra money since my husband is laid off
I am thankful for working with good people
I am thankful for every weekend off!!!

Mostly, I am thankful that this situation makes me depend on the Lord for His strength because I cannot get through each day without Him!

3 comments:

  1. Just popped by from Heavenly Homemakers! Thanks for the nice reminder about being grateful in all circumstances!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom did janitorial work when I was a kid. It worked pretty well for our situation too! Sometimes we learn a lot from things we don't really want to be doing. My husband and I always remind each other that everything happens for a reason. I hope things get better for your family soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I feel down, I start counting my blessings. I met a lady one day that was a cleaner at a school. Every time she passed a kid's desk, she would stop and pray. During the time that you are cleaning...use that time to pray for others! :)

    ReplyDelete